2237 Yellow Smoke Road
Denison, IA 51442
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* Closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The Crawford County Conservation Board was established in 1963 for the purpose of acquiring, developing, and maintaining parks and conservation areas, to promote and preserve the general welfare of the people, to encourage the conservation of natural resources, and to cultivate good citizenship by providing adequate programs for public recreation.
Since its establishment, the Conservation Board has acquired 1115 acres of land in Crawford County which has been developed into parks, wildlife and forest areas, public hunting areas, and a historical site. In addition, the Board holds six management agreements on 16.5 acres of native prairie located throughout the county. For the river enthusiast, four public access areas have been developed on the Boyer River.
- Chris Gosch, Director
- Jodi Head, Office Manager
- Nate Lakner, Yellow Smoke Park - Park Ranger
- Andy Butler, Nelson Park - Park Ranger
- Kelly Sonnichsen, Naturalist
- Nick Steinkuehler, Yellow Smoke Park Tech
- Jordan Downing, Yellow Smoke Park Tech