Denison, IA 51442
Hours Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fax: (712) 263-5622
The Crawford County Attorney's Office serves in civil matters as legal counsel for the Crawford County Board of Supervisors and all county officers and agencies. The County Attorney's Office also serves in criminal matters as chief prosecutor for the State of Iowa in Crawford County.
Victim/Witness Support Services No Contact Orders Subpoenas About the County Attorney County Attorney Payment Plans Representing Yourself FAQ
- Prosecutes all indictable crimes such as murder, theft, kidnapping, robbery, burglary, sexual abuse, assault, arson, operating while intoxicated and many others.
- Prosecutes non-indictable offenses such as traffic violations, simple assaults and thefts.
- Represents the state in juvenile court, including delinquency proceedings and children in need of assistance actions.
- Represents the county in civil legal matters such as lawsuits and workers compensation claims.
- Counsels and advises the elected officials and departments.
- Advises the police twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week and provides legal training to law enforcement and other agencies.
We take pride in representing the people of Crawford County in a professional and competent manner.
- Colin Johnson, County Attorney
- Martha A. Sibbel, Assistant County Attorney
- Bonnie Teut, Administrative Assistant
- Joni Kienast, Administrative Assistant and Victim/Witness Coordinator