Denison, IA 51442
Scale House & Transfer Station2176 Buffalo Rd
Denison, IA 51442
Hours Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.*
8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.*
*Transactions must completed 10 minutes prior to closing.
Effective July 1, 2020
- Solid Waste: $55.00/ton, $10.00 minimum
- Appliances: $12.00 each
- Passenger Vehicle $5
- Semi Truck $10
- All other tires $0.10/lb
- Wood Pallets: $55.00/ton
- Brush and tree limbs under 6" diameters: $55.00/ton
- Scrap Metal: No charge
- Yard and Garden Waste: No charge
- Waste Oil and Filters: No charge
- Lead Acid Batteries: No charge
- Household Hazardous Waste: No charge
We accept cash or checks only.
To prevent littering, all vehicles including trailers and wagons must be covered or have their loads secured. A $10 gate fee will be charged for uncovered or unsecured loads, and for loads without endgates.
All loads must be unloaded and paid for by 10 minutes prior to closing time.
Materials Not Accepted
- Toxic Waste
- Liquid Waste
- Dead Animals
Please call the scale house for asbestos guidelines.
- All recyclable items may be placed in the blue residential recycling bin
- Glass, cans, and plastic ( & ONLY) can be mixed together in the bin
- Keep paper separate in the bin — in a paper bag or bundled together
- Corrugated cardboard should be broken down and placed alongside the bin
- View our Recycling Flyer in English or Español for more details on the curbside and rural trailer recycle program.
Waste Agency Board
5 members (2-year terms)
- Kyle Schultz, Chairman
- Ace Ettleman, Vice Chairman
- Jay Ford
- Corey Curnyn
- Eileen Sailer
- Chuck Ettleman, Secretary
- Travis Fink, Operator
- Jeff Schwager, Assistant Operator
- Becky Schwarz, Scale House Operator - Part-Time
- Trisha Blunk, Scale House Operator - Part-Time