Victim/Witness Support Services
AttorneyVictim/Witness Support Services No Contact Orders Subpoenas About the County Attorney County Attorney Payment Plans Representing Yourself FAQ
The Victim/Witness Program of Crawford County provides prosecution-based services to victims of crime and focuses attention on the rights of crime victims. The Victim/Witness Coordinator is responsible for providing service referrals and information to victims and witnesses in Crawford County.
Services provided include:
- Information available for victims and witnesses regarding the status of a case
- Referring victims to service and compensation sources; view the Iowa Crime Victim Compensation Program
- Advising victims of their rights under the law registering victims
- Providing other local and state criminal justice agencies with lists of registered victims
- Preparing subpoenas for criminal court cases
- Preparing letters to employers when necessary to explain court appearances for witnesses
- Serving as liaison with all law enforcement agencies in Crawford County regarding pending court cases and appearances by law enforcement officers
- Serving as liaison to counseling agencies and refers sexual or domestic abuse victims to those agencies
- Collecting victim information and bills for restitution
The Victim/Witness Coordinator also helps victims and witnesses during trials and hearings find the proper location where they are needed. The coordinator also reassures those who will be giving testimony and arranges for any assistance necessary to make the victim or witness as comfortable as possible.
For information on the custody status of an offender, contact the Iowa Victim Information & Notification Service (Iowa VINE) (888)742-8463 or visit their website.
©2023 Crawford County, Iowa · Title VI Nondiscrimination Notice