Driver's Licenses are issued Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with written testing offered daily until 3:30 p.m.
- Car drives are by appointment only.
- Motorcycle drives are Wednesdays by appointment only.
- CDL drives are Thursdays by appointment only.
You must pass your written test before we will schedule you for any type of drive exam.
Driver's license payments may be paid by cash, check, debit card, or credit card. Please note that debit and credit card payments are subject to an additional fee of $1.50 per transaction.
Helpful Links & Forms
- Driver's Manuals & Practice Tests
- Driver's License and ID Cards Checklist
- Parental Consent Form
- CDL Classification Guide
Do I need a REAL ID gold star?
A REAL ID card has a gold star in the top right corner.
REAL ID is the result of a nationwide federal act meant to protect you from terrorism and identity fraud.
Beginning October 1, 2021, if you don't have a REAL ID, you will need to show a different TSA-approved identity document (like a passport or military ID) to fly.
How much will it cost?
- You can get a REAL ID when it's time to renew your license or ID at no additional cost.
- If you need a REAL ID before your license or ID expires, come in anytime and apply for a replacement card marked as REAL ID compliant for a $10 fee.
What documents are needed for a REAL ID?
Read more about REAL ID at the Iowa DOT website.