Request and receive an Iowa certified birth certificate from Crawford County.
Certified copies are available for $15.00.
- Complete the entire application
- The Applicant’s signature must be notarized
- Include a copy of the Applicant’s current, government issued photo ID (driver’s license)
- Include payment of $15.00 per copy in the form of a check OR money order (if out of state) made payable to Crawford County Recorder
- Include self-addressed stamped envelope and mail to:
Crawford County Recorder
Denison, IA 51442
If you have any questions, please call (712) 263-3643.
If you do not have a valid driver's license or ID, please provide alternative identification. View Identity Documents for acceptable forms of alternative IDs.
Certified copies are available from our office if:
- The event took place in Iowa between 1986 - Present
- Certified copies can be obtained through any Iowa County Recorder's Office or the State Office for events during these dates.
- Includes adoption or single-parent birth records in this time frame.
- The event took place in Crawford County between 1880 and 1986:
- Crawford County has limited records between July 1, 1921, and June 30, 1941. We can work with the State Office if needed to obtain these records.
- Prior to 1986, Crawford County does not have access to adoption or single-parent birth records but can work with the State Office to help obtain these records.
To request records through the State office Request a State Record