RecorderBirth Records Death Records Marriage Records & Marriage Applications Military Records Passports Hunting & Fishing Licenses Recreational Vehicles Registration Reminders Real Estate Documents Recording Fees Transfer Tax Calculator History of the Recorder's Office
Request and receive an Iowa certified birth certificate from Crawford County.
Certified copies are available for $15.00.
- Complete the entire application
- The Applicant’s signature must be notarized
- Include a copy of the Applicant’s current, government issued photo ID (driver’s license)
- Include payment of $15.00 per copy in the form of a check OR money order (if out of state) made payable to Crawford County Recorder
- Include self-addressed stamped envelope and mail to:
Crawford County Recorder
Denison, IA 51442
If you have any questions, please call (712) 263-3643.
If you do not have a valid driver's license or ID, please provide alternative identification. View Identity Documents for acceptable forms of alternative IDs.
Certified copies are available from our office if:
- The event took place in Iowa between 1986 - Present
- Certified copies can be obtained through any Iowa County Recorder's Office or the State Office for events during these dates.
- Includes adoption or single-parent birth records in this time frame.
- The event took place between 1880 and 1986:
- Crawford County has limited records between July 1, 1921, and June 30, 1941. We can work with the State Office if needed to obtain these records.
- Prior to 1986, Crawford County does not have access to adoption or single-parent birth records but can work with the State Office to help obtain these records.
For records available through the State Office, please contact the Recorder's office for assistance.
©2023 Crawford County, Iowa · Title VI Nondiscrimination Notice