Certified copies are available for $15.00 to persons of entitlement.
You will need a valid ID or driver's license, be at least 18 years old and have entitlement.
If you are applying for a certified copy through the mail, you must fill out the application with your signature notarized, and we need a copy of your valid ID or driver's license and a money order (made out to the Crawford County Recorder and signed by remitter). Please send everything to the Crawford County Recorder at the Crawford County Courthouse, 1202 Broadway Denison, IA 51442.
If you have any questions, please call (712) 263-3643.
If you do not have a valid driver's license or ID, please provide alternative identification. View Identity Documents for acceptable forms of alternative IDs.
Certified copies are available from our office if:
- The event took place in Iowa between 1988 - Present
- Certified copies can be obtained through any Iowa County Recorder's Office or the State Office for events during these dates.
- Includes adoption or single-parent birth records in this time frame.
- The event took place between 1880 and 1988:
- Crawford County has limited records between July 1, 1921, and June 30, 1941. We can work with the State Office if needed to obtain these records.
- Prior to 1988, Crawford County does not have access to adoption or single-parent birth records but can work with the State Office to help obtain these records.
For records available through the State Office, please contact the Recorder's office for assistance.