Request and receive an Iowa certified death certificate from Crawford County.
Certified copies are available for $15.00.
- Complete the entire application
- The Applicant’s signature must be notarized
- Include a copy of the Applicant’s current, government issued photo ID (driver’s license)
- Include payment of $15.00 per copy in the form of a check OR money order (if out of state) made payable to Crawford County Recorder
- Include self-addressed stamped envelope and mail to:
Crawford County Recorder
Denison, IA 51442
If you have any questions, please call (712) 263-3643.
If you do not have a valid driver's license or ID, please provide alternative identification. View Identity Documents for acceptable forms of alternative IDs.
Certified copies are available from our office if:
- The event took place in Iowa between 1954 - Present
- Certified copies can be obtained through any Iowa County Recorder's Office or the State Office for events during these dates.
- The event took place between 1880 - 1953 (with the exception of 1905 and 1906)
- And the event occurred in Crawford County
- Events from 1905 and 1906 are available through the State Office. We can work with you to help obtain these records.
To request records through the State office. Request a State Record