Certified copies are available for $15.00 to persons of entitlement.
You will need a valid ID or driver's license, be at least 18 years old and have entitlement.
If you are applying for a certified copy through the mail, you must fill out the application with your signature notarized, and we need a copy of your valid ID or driver's license and a money order (made out to the Crawford County Recorder and signed by remitter). Please send everything to the Crawford County Recorder at the Crawford County Courthouse, 1202 Broadway Denison, IA 51442.
If you have any questions, please call (712) 263 3643.
If you do not have a valid driver's license or ID, please provide alternative identification. View Identity Documents for acceptable forms of alternative IDs.
Certified copies are available from our office if:
- The event took place in Iowa between 1954 - Present
- Certified copies can be obtained through any Iowa County Recorder's Office or the State Office for events during these dates.
- The event took place between 1880 - 1953 (with the exception of 1905 and 1906)
- And the event occurred in Crawford County
- Events from 1905 and 1906 are available through the State Office. We can work with you to help obtain these records.
For records available through the State Office, please contact the Recorder's office for assistance.