RecorderBirth Records Death Records Marriage Records & Marriage Applications Military Records Passports Hunting & Fishing Licenses Recreational Vehicles Registration Reminders Real Estate Documents Recording Fees Transfer Tax Calculator History of the Recorder's Office
Request and receive an Iowa certified death certificate from Crawford County.
Certified copies are available for $15.00.
- Complete the entire application
- The Applicant’s signature must be notarized
- Include a copy of the Applicant’s current, government issued photo ID (driver’s license)
- Include payment of $15.00 per copy in the form of a check OR money order (if out of state) made payable to Crawford County Recorder
- Include self-addressed stamped envelope and mail to:
Crawford County Recorder
Denison, IA 51442
If you have any questions, please call (712) 263-3643.
If you do not have a valid driver's license or ID, please provide alternative identification. View Identity Documents for acceptable forms of alternative IDs.
Certified copies are available from our office if:
- The event took place in Iowa between 1954 - Present
- Certified copies can be obtained through any Iowa County Recorder's Office or the State Office for events during these dates.
- The event took place between 1880 - 1953 (with the exception of 1905 and 1906)
- And the event occurred in Crawford County
- Events from 1905 and 1906 are available through the State Office. We can work with you to help obtain these records.
For records available through the State Office, please contact the Recorder's office for assistance.
©2023 Crawford County, Iowa · Title VI Nondiscrimination Notice