Appointments are required, please call 712-263-3643.
Adult Passport Book fee is $130
Child Passport Book fee is $100
You must apply in person using Form DS-11. To schedule an appointment with the acceptance agent, please call 712-263-3643.
If you print and complete your own forms, you must use black ink & print single-sided.
Please Note: Minors (Children 15 & Under): Each minor child applying for a passport shall appear in person. Both parents/ guardians must be present or have a notarized DS-3053 giving permission from the absent parent, along with a front/back copy of identification used for notarization on form.
Evidence of Citizenship: One of the following 3 documents must be submitted with the Application and will be returned with the new passport.
- Birth Certificate: A certified copy of Birth Certificate issued by the county or state. The US Department of State requires all birth certificates to include full names of the applicant’s parent(s) listed on all certified birth certificates. In addition, they must also include the following; Full name of applicant Date of birth Place of birth Raised, embossed or multicolored seal of issuing authority Registrar’s signature The date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office (must be within one year).
- Naturalization Certificate: A person who claims US citizenship by naturalization must submit the original Certificate of Naturalization with the application.
- Expired Passport: This is acceptable when applying as an adult. However, if applying as a minor (15 years of age or younger), a certified copy of the birth certificate must be submitted along with expired passport.
Personal Identification: A valid driver's license (not driver's permit), or a photo from school, bank or employment. Expired ID is not accepted. Anyone under 18 must have a parent along with the parent's ID for parental consent and signature. Both parents’ signatures are required for children under the age of 16.
Passport Photo: (2"x2") Front view of applicant, taken within the last six months. The photos must be in color. The background must be white or off-white.
- Please bring in a check or money order for Passport fees made out to the "U.S. Department of State." Photos and Acceptance Fees can be paid by Check, Cash or Credit card to the "Crawford County Recorder."
Please note: The application fee and the execution fee are paid separately.
Passport Processing Time:
- Routine: *10-13 weeks
- Expedite (Additional $60): *7-9 weeks
- Expedited at Agency: *Must have international travel within 14 calendar days
- Call 1-877-487-2778 to make an appointment
* Processing times are subject to change at any time, per the National Passport Agency.
For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.